Thursday, June 23, 2011

Caring For the Whole Person

Here in Sioux Falls we are very fortunate to have a number of really fine medical facilities. Among them is the Avera Cancer Institute where they 'believe that patients deserve comprehensive care for the whole person – body, mind and spirit'. I love the open airy design of their facility and how they have incorporated art into the design as well as into the healing process. In the lobby they have a digital art wall where they have themed digital art exhibits. The current exhibit is entitled "The Art of Healing" and you can either view the show in person at the Avera Cancer Institute's Prairie Center or on line.


I really love the prairie grass design on the windows of this building. Every time I drive past I just want to pull over and gaze at the beauty. Between the architecture and the landscaping the exterior view of this facility creates a calm atmosphere to walk or sit and reflect. I thankfully have had no dealings with the medical staff but have heard only praise for them in the community. I will be heading back to the center to photograph the landscaping so you can see how beautiful it is.

No comments: