Sunday, July 17, 2011

Jazz Fest 2011

Despite temperatures nearing 100 degrees and high humidity this year's Jazz Fest had a good turn out. One of my dear friends was volunteering at the festival and so we decided to meet up after her shift and spend Saturday night enjoying the festival.
With the weather so hot I decided to enjoy the festival as unencumbered as possible and did not take my camera or purse, just my cell phone, a bit of money and my ID. These photos are not the greatest but will give you an idea of the fun I had.

Jazz Fest is a fund raiser for the Sioux Falls Jazz and Blues society. Although it is a fund raiser the event is Free to the public.

The only charge is if you decide to park your vehicle within the park then there is a ten dollar per vehicle fee. The event draws large crowds of all ages. Many people park blocks away from the park and walk.

In addition to the entertainers there are food and wares vendors. Next time I will take more money as I saw some dresses and jewelry that was beautiful and very reasonably priced.

If you are in the Sioux Falls area next year during the Jazz Fest I highly recommend attending.

1 comment:

TexWisGirl said...

looks like lots of folks were having fun. that's neat. i hope they're able to raise money, even if they don't charge admission!