Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Sad But Sweet Farewell to Summer

It is hard to believe that summer is for the most part over. Schools are back in session and the pools are all closed. Today was hot and humid but I hear cooler weather is even on the way. While the trees have not really begun to change their color there are a few leaves that are in a hurry for Fall.
These photos were taken Monday at one of the smaller parks here in town. Sorry I don't know the name of the park but it sits along the Big Sioux River near the corner of Kiwanis Avenue and Russell Street.






Although I am sad to see the summer end, I am looking forward to cooler weather. I am also excited for Autumn to show it's lovely colors, and hope they stay around a bit longer than last year.

What is your favorite season?

2 comments:

Jack said...

It was an awfully short summer, Nita. I am sponsoring legislation to make summer six months and winter one week.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good plan to me Jack. Three months of spring and three months of autumn and six months summer minus one week for winter. Spring and autumn are already too short.