Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Fields of Sunshine

There is just something about the sunflower that makes a person want to smile. The day can be gloomy but look at a sunflower and suddenly you feel the sunshine. Now imagine driving along an open stretch of highway when before you stretches field after field of bright cheerful sunflowers. That is what awaits you when traveling west river along I-90 in South Dakota during the late summer and early Autumn.



Ever since the first time I traveled this stretch of road in late summer I have been wanting to capture the joy and beauty of the sunflower fields. During my last trip across the state I had my daughter snap a few photos of the fields. Unfortunately we did not have enough time to stop for better photos. Have you ever had the pleasure of seeing so many sunflowers in one spot?

 


5 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

how very pretty.

Kristin Aquariann said...

Splendid! I have not seen any fields of flowers in person - it's all corn in Delaware!

Lois said...

Yes I have! It is one of the things I remember most when I would visit my sister when she lived in Grand Forks, ND. They are so beautiful!

William Kendall said...

I have not seen them in these quantities. We have them in gardens here, but that might consist of a dozen or so in a place.

Jack said...

A series of huge fields of sunflowers must be wonderful to see. Out here we have occasional small fields of sunflowers, and one grower in eastern Connecticut has fields that might be as big as this one. But, he is alone in growing them. We don't get field after field like this.