Sunday, July 13, 2014

Memphis Bob

While strolling down main street in Rapid City, the other day I was delighted by this sound.



As I approached the corner I saw the source of the beautiful sound. Of course I had to sit and listen for a spell as Memphis Bob played one great tune after another. Bob is very talented  and easily traversed genres, covering pop, rock and of course some good old blues.


Taking a short break from playing his harmonica Bob told me about his most hart warming experience.  He explained that at noon each day he always plays 'I'll be home for Christmas'. On that particularly slow day the streets were pretty deserted. As he was playing his noon song two young boys walked past and the younger one turned around and ran back and put a twenty dollar bill in his tip can. The other boy said to the younger one 'You know you won't get any more money for a while' and the younger boy replied 'I know, but I just love that song!'

I hope you have enjoyed your virtual visit to my city. If you would like to travel more or maybe join in and share your city click on the Sundays in my City button.
Unknown Mami

3 comments:

William Kendall said...

Well good for him! A rather unusual song for this time of year.

betty-NZ said...

What a great surprise!

StarTraci said...

"I just really love that song". That may be the sweetest story I've heard in a long time. I love that he is out there sharing his talent.
:-)
Traci