Sunday, January 5, 2014

Remembering Warmer Days

I had planned to go out yesterday or this morning to capture some scenes from Rapid City's historic district. However, with the cold front that came in I decided to stay in and keep warm. It is so cold that yes even the dog bundles up.

I figured I was going to wind up skipping this week, then I remembered I have some photos from warmer days.  So into my archives I went and found some fun shots from September 2011 when my family took a weekend trip to see Mount Rushmore. 

Mount Rushmore is about a half hour drive from Rapid City so many visitors choose to stay here when they come to see Mt. Rushmore.

If you ever get a chance to visit be sure to take a drive through the open range of Custer State Park. Just be warned the mules are very friendly.

While you are in the area if you enjoy history another fun place to visit is 1880 Town. It is about an hour east of Rapid City and is home to many of the props for the film Dances With Wolfs.

Dreaming of warmer days 1880 Town.

I hope you have enjoyed this virtual visit in the warmth and comfort of your home. To continue your travels just click the button below to hop over to Unknown Mami's Sunday In My City.
Unknown Mami

2 comments:

Suzy said...

Loved your pictures. Someday I hope I will see Mt Rushmore. Thanks for visiting my blog.

tz said...

One of my favorite family trips was to Mt. Rushmore -- as a matter of fact I was thinking of taking the kids again, now that they're older. Love your pictures