Monday, September 2, 2013

Graffiti Art Alley


While wasting some time between appointments I decided to make a brief exploration in Down Town Rapid City. I was thinking to capture photos of the American President statues that are on each corner, like this one of Thomas Jefferson, instead I came across this amazing alley.

While many consider graffiti to be destructive I do think when done responsibly it can be amazing and really quiet beautiful. Although at first glance it looks dark and messy, when you look closer there is some really fantastic artwork.



I didn't have much time to really explore the artwork along this alley canvas but plan to return soon to give it my full attention. To learn more about this alley you can visit their website here.

I hope you have enjoyed this little glimpse of Rapid City, South Dakota. You can continue your virtual travels by clicking the Sunday In My City button below.
 
Unknown Mami

No comments: