Saturday, January 28, 2012

Night Life: Old Skoolz

A Thursday night at  Old Skoolz 

For those that are a bit old school and are looking for an enjoyable night of fun interaction and live entertainment, visiting Old Skoolz in Sioux Falls is definitely a must. The warm atmosphere of this wine house & pub had me feeling as if I had stepped into the legandary Cheer's with it's relaxed decor, the tinkle of drinking glasses, laughter and friendly conversation. Then the music began and I knew this was going to be a memorable evening.

With a style reminiscent of the great Bob Dylan, Mr. Todd's moving acoustical performance evoked a wide range of emotions. I am most positive I could have sat and listened to him sing all night.
Also preforming with Mr. Todd was Blind Owl Berkness, talk about a fun wild time. From Folk to Bluegrass and Irish Drinking songs and a lot of fun in between this entertainer had the house laughing and at times even singing along.
Good friends, good spirits and good music what more could anyone wish for? I will definitely be going back and watching to see where these two will be preforming next.

No comments: