Saturday, November 26, 2011

20th Annual Parade of Lights

Sioux Falls Parade of Lights is the official kick off of the holiday season for our city. I had such a great time at the parade Friday night and took so many photo's. Here are a few of my favorites. I hope you enjoy them.
 Preceding the parade was the Arthritis Foundation’s, Sioux Falls Jingle Bell Run/Walk for Arthritis.
The parade route was lined with excited viewer from all over the region. 
 Volunteers from the Siouxland Renaissance Association showed up in garb to add to the festivities. I had to laugh though when my son told me he overheard two adults in the audience talking and one asked the other 'Isn't that those people from the science fiction group?'
 There were so many wonderful floats it is hard not to post them all.

 I really loved the floats that made use of the flame throwers. Not only was it fun to watch they warmed the air as they passed by.
 Flame throwers and fireworks lit up the sky for a fantastic show.

 Patriotic groups and civil servants were met by loud cheers.
 The Grinch even showed up!
 And of course what is a parade without a fabulous drum line?
Santa made his appearance at the very end on this horse drawn float. Unfortunately I didn't get a clear shot of Santa. He kept waving in front of his face....LOL.

I hope you have enjoyed this little visit to my city. To go on a virtual tour of other cities check out Unknown Mami's Sundays In My City meme.



1 comment:

TexWisGirl said...

love the community pride and appreciation for the service folks, too. :)