- Imagine if you would slipping away from the noise of the city and the demands of everyday life to spend a long lunch in quiet solitude, meditating or just contemplating the beauty around you.
- Imagine the sense of accomplishment in learning a new skill.
- Imagine the joy and laughter that can be found in listening to a musical or theatrical performance.
- Imagine the pride and boost in self esteem of a child returning from their first time at camp.
As one of the top 100 places to live (according to RelocateAmerica) and 2nd on Forbes' list of best places for business and careers Sioux Falls obviously understands that lives are enriched through exposure to all forms of artistic endeavors. A cursory look at the many cultural and artistic attractions makes it is easy to see the community's drive for artistic excellence. Yet since the closing of the Horse Barn Arts Center earlier this year venues for emerging artists are virtually non existent.
To meet this need The Retreat at Pointer's Ridge a non-profit arts organization is proposing the development of the regions first artist's retreat. "The Retreat at Pointer's Ridge offers a unique gathering place designed to stimulate imagination for individuals and organizations seeking to improve outcomes in life, health and commerce through artistic expression" *
|This river creates one border of the property|
|Here is the A-frame and a view of the cabins, behind which are the woods.|
|Just past the cabins and to the right of the central meeting hall is this small playground area|
|Although they look small the cabins will easily sleep 4 to 6 campers|
* Excerpt from The Retreat at Pointer's Ridge mission statement.
Linking up with Unknown Mami for Sunday In My City